McObject’s new eXtremeDB v.8.0 running on E8 Storage sets multiple records in STAC benchmark tests
eXtremeDB Financial Edition for HPC has set multiple STAC-M3™ benchmark records, running on E8 Storage. Read the press release to learn more.
McObject’s new eXtremeDB v.8.0 Financial Edition for HPC offers excellent performance and a host of new features
As with all previous versions of eXtremeDB, the new version is designed for speed and efficiency. It offers significant speed improvements, building on the performance of the previous record-setting version, along with a suite of other benefits such as an ultra-fast and flexible market data feed handler.
Key new functionality:
- Web Services – eXtremeDB 8.0 provides web services through the popular REST protocol. The eXtremeDB REST server can be accessed by any language that supports HTTP and JSON; it also has a GUI dashboard for presentation and direct manipulation of database configuration, content, etc., without the need for programming.
- Feed Handler – faster, more efficient ingest of market data and a more efficient process for enabling new feeds (Thomson Reuters and Vela feed handlers are built in).
- SQL improvements – better performance of distributed database servers through asynchronous processing of SQL statements. Distributed and standalone databases alike will benefit from SQL optimizer improvements. Time series support has been enhanced to support out-of-order processing of time-series elements.
- Security –support for IPv6 for all distributed components. IPv6 supports end-to-end encryption, providing a higher degree of security.
Read the complete press release
eXtremeDB Financial Edition delivers the most powerful solution for managing time series data (including market data) while maximizing developer productivity through open, developer-preferred languages including industry-standard SQL, Python, C/C++, Java, and C#.
- Groundbreaking speed – Competitive advantage in trading via performance, groundbreaking speed as confirmed by audited STAC-M3 benchmarks and other tests
- Columnar data layout maximizes the flow of relevant data into CPU cache and avoids flooding the cache with irrelevant data
- Algos and complex calculations – Pipelining vector-based statistical functions ensures market data stays near processing cores even when manipulating big data with complex operations
- SQL & Python – All features (including pipelining) fully accessible using SQL, Python, C/C++, Java, and C# (plus many more developer features)
- Reliability that lets you sleep at night: ACID-compliant transactions and other safeguards
- Low cost-of-ownership even when scaling to manage huge data set
Trial software – Get eXtremeDB Financial Edition evaluation software plus full docs, demos, benchmarks and reports